The Embassy of Afghanistan in Turkmenistan issues passports only to Afghan citizens residing in, and applying from, Turkmenistan.
Under current regulations, the Embassy can only issue ordinary passports. For other types of passport, such as diplomatic, service, student and so on, you can apply at the Department of Consular Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul.
Note: The consular section of the embassy will inform all the Afghans residing in Turkmenistan, once the Machine Readable Passports are being issued.
On exceptional basis, the Consular section at the Embassy may seek approval from Kabul to extend the validity of service or student passports. Applications for new passport can only be made in person.
Applicants For New Passports Must:
- Complete and duly sign the relevant application form.
- Provide two passport size photos (2×3 inches) one affixed to the appropriate box in the application form (photos must be fresh, identical, taken directly off the face to show both ears and with a light background)
Provide original documents verifying their Afghan identity, including any of the following:
- Tazkira ( Afghan Identity Card)
- Previous passport (if held)
- Marriage certificate (if endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul)
- Educational or professional documents issued by competent authorities in Afghanistan
- Documents proving the residence in Turkmenistan e.g. immigration or citizenship document.
- Make the necessary payments in the Bank.
- Applications that are incomplete and/or are missing necessary documents will not be processed.
Passport fees and all other consular charges are ONLY payable in US Dollars to the Consular Bank Account.
Price: $20 per year
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS
- If you have read the information above and are ready to apply, print the following forms from our website as appropriate:
- Application form for new passports: Here
- Passport Photo Requirements: Here
Have any questions or need more information?
For further information, or if you want to discuss your application, please contact the Consular Section during its opening hours (Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 10:30 pm).
The Consular Section is closed outside these hours as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
Applicants are requested to avoid making any travel arrangements before receiving their passports. The Embassy will not accept any responsibility for delay in processing passports applications or changes in clients travel plans.